About The Product
The Roof Protect Terracotta Primer is formulated with high-quality styrene acrylic, specially designed to cater to unglazed Terracotta tiles.
This distinctive blend promotes exceptional adhesion between the membrane layers and the underlying surface, thereby enhancing the overall performance of the coating system.
The superior etch and adhesion characteristics of the primer make it an ideal choice for use with unglazed Terracotta tiles.
Unglazed Terracotta Tiles
The coverage is approximately 9 square metres per litre. Available in 15 litre drums.
Terracotta Primer is easily cleaned up using water.
- Inspection: A professional will inspect the roof to determine its condition and identify any issues or areas that require attention.
- Cleaning: The roof will be thoroughly cleaned using a high-pressure cleaner to remove dirt, debris, and other contaminants. This process may include using anti-mould or other cleaning agents as needed.
- Repairs: Any damaged areas or leaks will be repaired, such as replacing broken tiles, fixing flashing, repointing and resealing any gaps or cracks.
- Priming: One coat of primer may be applied to the surface to ensure good adhesion of the coating.
- Coating: 2 coats of Roof Protect roof coating will be applied to the surface using airless spray equipment, ensuring the coating is applied evenly and in the correct thickness.
- Finishing touches: Once the coating is applied, any necessary finishing touches will be made, such as painting trim and flashing or adding anti-slip features to walkways.
The product warranty is provided by Industrial Roof Coatings, the manufacturer of Roof Protect, that the product will perform as expected for a certain period after it is applied to the roof. The length and terms of the warranty can vary depending on the final product used.
Typically, an Industrial Roof Coatings product warranty will cover defects in the product, such as premature cracking or peeling, as well as the failure of the product to adhere correctly to the roof surface. However, the warranty may not cover damage or problems caused by external factors, such as storm damage, improper installation, animal or chemical damage, post-restoration building works or neglect. Previously painted roofs cannot be covered by warranty as Roof Protect would be adhering to other paint rather than the roof surface.
To qualify for the warranty, the product must be applied according to Industrial Roof Coatings’ instructions and by a qualified professional. The warranty may also require periodic inspections and maintenance to ensure the product performs as expected.
Suppose an issue arises with the Roof Protect during the warranty period. In that case, Industrial Roof Coatings will typically provide a remedy, which may include repair or replacement of the product up to the original purchase price. It’s essential to read and understand the terms of the warranty before purchasing a roof restoration product to ensure that you know what is covered and what is not.